Sunday 9 October 2011

Week 6 - What a difference a day makes...

Well, we are back from a lovely holiday in Zakynthos. We got about half way through and I thought this is great- I hadn't heard from James so everything must be progressing nicely. I sent him a quick text to check everything was ok, only to be phoned back an hour later. Apparently in a few days we had managed to loose a foot off our downstairs cloakroom (which wasn't exactly huge to begin with) and some problem with yet another drain meant that I (and I quote James) "will be needing a ladder to get to my washing machine". So James suggested they leave that bit until I get back.

What happened in practice was they left everything until we got back... partly because of wanting my expert opinion... ;) and partly because the builders had a big falling out with each other!
It took a few days but on Thursday and Friday I managed to get a bricklayer on site and happily within a few hours I had the beginnings of some walls! It is really starting to take shape now.

No comments:

Post a Comment