Sunday 23 October 2011

Having some fun with the pretty stuff...

Ok so enough of
bricks and concrete...
when does the pretty stuff start?
Well have been starting to think more about stuff this week. I have designs some railings for the balcony... James is going to see if the budget can stretch to something like this.






I tried to buy a back door on ebay but got distracted by cheese and biscuits and missed the moment! But I did buy a lovely copper bowl that I'm dreaming about turning into a "vessel sink" or "sink bowl" as they are known in the Baker family.



I also spent a lovely hour in Mandarin Stone in Cheltenham sighing at a few millenia of crushed fish and other sediment. We are partly swayed from our original terracotta kitchen floor intentions... especially by some travertine cobbles layed in a herringbone pattern- much like this lovely brick floor....

No comments:

Post a Comment