Sunday 11 December 2011

Week 15 - Dreaming of bathrooms


Not much action on site again this week, but have been dreaming about my ensuite bathroom which I just couldn't get inspired about. Then I ended up buying a sandstone sink on ebay (yay!) which is ridiculously heavy but gorgeous. It is golds and reds and purples in swirls-
I love it... even if it is a little large for the room. So then I'm thinking I get James to inset it into the wall a bit, like a little alcove. Then I'm thinking sand and water = beach so I could do a sort of shell mirror grotto thing. Very Victorian apparently... (see right).

I found this awesome site called mydeco.com which allows you to do moodboards and things... so I had a go. I don't know why but Botticelli's Venus keeps popping into my head. So I've decided its going to be a Renaissance / classical revival bathroom. Ok a little OTT but who's going to see it apart from us? I promise to try and restrain my self in the rest of house... honest!
What's the general opinion on padded gold toilet seats?... ;)
So, anyways, I have order myself some brass taps to kick off the classical theme... inspired in part by our trip to Auntie Vikki's gorgeous villa in Zakynthos.

No comments:

Post a Comment